StrandVision Digital Signage
715-235-SIGN (7446) | www.StrandVision.com
StrandVision implemented a new, more flexible reading speed setting for your digital signage at the beginning of December. All deployed digital signs have been automatically reset to the new default speed of 250 words per minute (wpm), a word being a five-letter grouping.
At the same time, we’ve built in more flexibility so you can adjust your digital signage to meet your specific situation and even fine-tune each text slide. For instance, a single setting in the StrandVision Digital Signage account in an elementary school can be set so that young children have the time they need to read the screen. Alternatively, a StrandVision digital sign in a subway station may be set to a faster reading speed to match the faster pace of that environment.
Here’s how to adjust your signage:
TO ADJUST ALL OF YOUR SLIDES:
- Click on Preferences in the frame on the left
- Go to the “Reading Speed” selection – the tenth selection down the list.
- At the “Reading Speed” selection you will see “Default – 250 words per minute.” Click on the down arrow at the right to select your preferred speed. THIS IS A GLOBAL SETTING THAT WILL SET ALL TEXT SLIDES – SCROLLING, CRAWLING AND STATIC TEXT IN BOTH HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL FRAMES, TO THE SELECTED SPEED. It is an easy and quick way to control the reading speed of your entire slide deck – even new slides that you add after making this global setting will be automatically set up to display at the desired speed.
- If you have multiple playback locations, each can have a different reading speed with the same basic slide deck installed.
ADJUSTING INDIVIDUAL SLIDES:
- Although the Preference “Reading Speed” setting will be okay for all of the slides for most users you still have the capability to fine tune individual slides.
- Once you set the “Reading Speed” or opt to stay with the default speed (250 wpm), you can further adjust the speed of any text slide in your presentation.
- To do that you simply select “Modify Signage” in the left frame.
- Then select the scrolling text slide that you want to adjust.
- Next, go to the “Scrolling Speed” selection (It is near the bottom of the selections.)
- Note that the default speed is “5-Medium.” This setting means that this slide is set to whatever reading speed you selected in the Preferences section – If you leave the “Reading Speed” setting at 250 wpm, this slide will display at 250 wpm. If you change the preferences to 350 wpm, this slide will display at that speed.
- You can adjust the “Scrolling Speed” from “1 - Very Slow” all the way up to “9 - Very Fast.” These adjustments are relative to the global “Reading Speed” you selected under Preferences. The further away you move from “5 – Medium,” the more the change.
- The best way to test the scroll speed is to Save the slide that you are working on and Preview it to make sure that the speed is right for you.